Do you want the cheapest Toyota Sienna insurance in Oakland? Buying low-cost Oakland Toyota Sienna insurance quotes online can seem to be rather difficult for consumers not familiar with comparing prices on the web. With such a big selection of agents and online companies, how can you have time to compare every insurance company to find better rates?
A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Consumers in California could save 35% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The recommended way to comparison shop is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding a better price. Not every company allows you to get online Oakland Sienna insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in California. To locate cheap car insurance in California, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Car insurance policy discounts for Toyota Sienna insurance in Oakland
Some insurance providers do not advertise all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Oakland car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Sienna insurance in Oakland.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your policy premiums.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Sienna insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
To choose companies that offer multiple discounts in Oakland, click here to view.
Statistics and details
The rate information displayed below showcases a range of rate quotes for Toyota Sienna models. Learning how rates are calculated is important to be able to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sienna LE AWD||$202||$408||$574||$34||$172||$1,390||$116|
|Sienna XLE AWD||$202||$482||$574||$34||$172||$1,464||$122|
|Sienna Limited AWD||$228||$482||$574||$34||$172||$1,490||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase price quotes noticeably.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The example below illustrates how violations and fender-benders can affect Toyota Sienna yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Toyota Sienna auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive guideline for excluding physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Sienna replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How Insurers Determine Toyota Sienna Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in big savings.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
Physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are required to pay in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Vehicle features can affect prices – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent vehicle theft.
Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If the Toyota Sienna is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Location can affect price – Being located in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. Lower population means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Residents of big cities tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
Low mileage costs less – The higher the miles on your Toyota in a year the higher your rates will be. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your Sienna is throwing money out the window.
Consolidate policies and save money – The majority of insurance companies will give a discount to buyers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare Toyota Sienna rates in Oakland to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still save money even if you have your coverage with different companies
Toyota Sienna insurance loss data – Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Sienna vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Sienna 2WD||99||88||99||94||98||85|
|Toyota Sienna 4WD||106||94||102||75||65||73|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local neighborhood Oakland car insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Oakland.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When searching for a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Oakland are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Oakland that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Ruth Stroup Insurance Agency
3560 Grand Ave – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 874-5700 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ruby Joyce Barnett
440 Grand Ave #450 – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 251-3800 – View Map
- Fred Loya Insurance
1620 High St STE B – Oakland, CA 94601 – (510) 434-1801 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are Oakland exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Maria Wong – State Farm Insurance Agent
1000 Broadway #270 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 834-3634 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Lilian Cabrera
1324 Fruitvale Ave – Oakland, CA 94601 – (510) 436-6900 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Norman Garcia
8105 Edgewater Dr #118 – Oakland, CA 94621 – (510) 878-7555 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency should include more criteria than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How long has their agency been open in Oakland?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Oakland?
Insurance agents can help
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Toyota Sienna?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Toyota Sienna?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
As you quote Oakland car insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
People leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on Toyota Sienna insurance in Oakland. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Oakland car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Steps to buying cheaper Toyota Sienna insurance in Oakland
The recommended way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Oakland. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, read and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)