The recommended way to find cheaper quotes for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Oakland is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in California.
- Get a basic knowledge of car insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One thing to point out is to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in California being $1,387, drivers could cut their rates by almost 35% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to shop their coverage around.
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing on their websites. Getting Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance prices online is pretty painless because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences on the page. Once you submit the form, their rating system requests your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on many factors.
The ability to get online quotes for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Oakland helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for a better rate.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Oakland, CA. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Oakland, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is especially important in Oakland.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to companies in Oakland who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Oakland car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are wanting to find a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to include multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Oakland that can give you free price quotes.
- JCB Insurance Services
6427 Westover Dr – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 336-3490 – View Map
- Cook Disharoon and Greathouse Insurance Brokers
1942 Embarcadero – Oakland, CA 94606 – (510) 437-1900 – View Map
- Travel Insurance Agency
610 16th St #508 – Oakland, CA 94612 – (510) 452-3366 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Oakland that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Mahir Abdul-Haqq
4267 Masterson St – Oakland, CA 94619 – (510) 530-8502 – View Map
- State Farm: Grantland Bailey
2115 MacArthur Blvd – Oakland, CA 94602 – (510) 482-7700 – View Map
- Kristen Law – State Farm Insurance Agent
3940 High St c – Oakland, CA 94619 – (510) 530-3200 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
If you receive good feedback to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can service your policy.