Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in Oakland? Have you fallen victim to an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who get price quotes annually will probably buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved about $865 annually compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Volvo S60 insurance is the reason for your visit, then having a good understanding the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company and uncover the absolute best rate on Volvo S60 insurance in Oakland.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis because prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Volvo S60 insurance in Oakland last year there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Finding cheaper insurance quotes is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to drive around to different agent offices. Doing it all online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you prefer the personal advice that only a licensed agent can provide. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in California. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in California, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Protect more than your Volvo vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Volvo for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Volvo gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your S60 more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Oakland overpays as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper rates on Volvo S60 insurance in Oakland with these auto insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t always list all possible discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers get the best auto insurance rates compared to frequent claim filers.
- Paper-free Discount – Some companies will provide an incentive for signing up over the internet.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, passive restraint, good driver, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new graduate, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and good student.
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, early bird, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, homeowner, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, youthful driver, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for safe driver, group or association, paperless, mature driver, anti-lock brakes, and teen driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, homeowner, and drive less.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Some credits may not be available in Oakland.
Comparing prices from local Oakland insurance agencies
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Oakland who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Oakland?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Oakland?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Auto insurance agents in Oakland come in two varieties
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Oakland can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Oakland that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Oakland that are able to give price quote information.
Links Insurance Services
1155 3rd St # 220 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (925) 361-5185 – View Map
It’s not one size fits all
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Who is covered when they drive my Volvo S60?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
As you quote Oakland car insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Volvo S60 insurance can be sourced on the web and with local Oakland insurance agents, so you need to quote Oakland car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
How to quote cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in Oakland
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Oakland is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in California.
First, get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much is Oakland Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Oakland? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)