Shockingly, nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,400, California drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Really, the only way to find better pricing on car insurance rates in Oakland is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in California.
- Step 1: Learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on V90 insurance in Oakland. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Pricing the most affordable coverage in Oakland can be fairly easy. In a nutshell, anyone who has to purchase insurance will most likely find better rates. Nevertheless, California car owners do need to learn the way companies calculate your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Ways to get Volvo V90 insurance price quotes in Oakland
The are a couple different ways to obtain and compare prices from different companies. The recommended way to compare Volvo V90 insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to drive to local Oakland insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you want the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible to get prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. To buy cheap auto insurance in Oakland, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cheap Oakland car insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but a few need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Early Switch Discount – Select car insurance companies give a discount for switching companies prior to your current V90 insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Oakland car insurance online.
- Professional Organizations – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer models.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, air bag, anti-theft, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good student, type of vehicle, multi-car, anti-theft, accident-free, and annual mileage.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, air bags, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, safe vehicle, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state. To locate car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, follow this link.
Insuring your Volvo vehicle just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your V90, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Volvo V90 but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing insurance online is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Oakland.
After completing this quick form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you would like to find a good Oakland insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents to choose from. Oakland agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include independent agents for the best price selection.
Featured below are Oakland independent insurance agencies that can give you competitive price quotes.
On My Way Insurance
320 10th St – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 893-3298 – View Map
Exclusive agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Oakland that can give you price quote information.
Allison, Charlie – State Farm Insurance Agent
7677 Oakport St #530 – Oakland, CA 94621 – (510) 777-0123 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are they involved in claim handling?